August 16, 2011

Twirling Skirts




Well, It's been awhile since I've been here, hasn't it? It's been a long few weeks. I've been battling the development of Osteoarthritis in my hands and it's made life a little difficult. So I've just been sewing to the best of my ability right now and concentrating on my over-abundance of projects. It would be easier if I had a crafty buddy to help me undertake these things on days where it hurts to use my hands but hopefully things will work out soon and I can sew with happiness instead of an advil induced coma! You don't want to hear about this though, you want to see sewing!!

I finally made Miss Emma a skirt! This is my first ever skirt! A few days ago we spent the morning watching after Claudia's fabric store for her while she did some sewing for a charity. The reward was a little fabric stash and so I let Emma choose her own fabrics for her skirt. The deal was that it had to be at least to the knees and then she said she wanted ruffles, twirling capabilities and ricrac. Here is the result:


She's only 7 but wears a size 10! Insanity!! I used this tutorial from MADE  and then altered it to suit what we needed the skirt to do! I love her vivid color choices... super cute!



 TWIRL!!




1 comment:

I love comments and appreciate you taking the time to leave me one! Have a wonderful day! xox