May 30, 2013

Baby Burp Cloths






Good morning!! I've been so busy in the work world, that I haven't had three seconds to sit here and catch you up on what's new with us over here! Let's start with an update on the sewing studio.

I think I mentioned previously that it's all painted up!!! I haven't moved in yet, and all of my stuff is sitting in the middle of the room while I am waiting to create the built-in. I just finished designing it but I change my mind every three seconds. Seriously. I think it's a designer thing. This weekend I'm off to a reclimation shop to see if they have any while lowers on the cheap :)

Last week I had a work meeting with a lovely local client who has a pregnant employee. I adore her as well and thought I'd take along a mid-pregnancy treat! Who doesn't like a little treat?? I happen to know her little bundle is a bouncing baby boy, so I snipped some squares from some flannels I have and backed them with soft ivory terrycloth. Voila!


This has to be the easiest little sew job around. In fact I think my daughter is finally ready to learn how to sew so this will be the project we do together first. These 3 little cloths took me about an hour to whip off. I'm not going to do a little tutorial as there are about 900 of them online, but I will tell you that as far as gifts go- it's always nicer to have handmade!

Today, I am very grateful to have some time to get back to my mini curvy pinwheel quilt. Next post I'll talk about my experience with the pattern and show you some progress!!

Happy Thursday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and appreciate you taking the time to leave me one! Have a wonderful day! xox